ABA has proven to be effective in reducing problem behaviors exhibited by those with developmental disabilities for over 40 years by empirical evidence.
Behaviour Analysts use data and evidence-based practice to derive conclusions on the possible reasons why a person may present with particular problem behaviors.
The data used to inform decisions is collected by systematic observation from trained behavior analysts and repeated measurements. Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) is a scientific approach to understanding behavior.
- Speech and communication
- Receptive language (following instructions)
- Social and play skills
- Self-Help (e.g. toileting, feeding, dressing, grooming, etc)
- Community (e.g. using transport, food shopping)
- Class, group, and academic skills
- Fine and/or gross motor skills